I have also included some possible domain ideas (keep in mind, if they are good, they may not be available any more, you know how this industry is!)
Hopefully these ideas will spark even more ideas for you to build upon and give you a head start.
Online Communities Niche Site Strategy
Selecting Your Niche and Sub-niche
- Choosing your niche is the first critical step in building an authority website within the online community niche. Be specific with your theme such as targeting social media marketing, online forum management or customer service through online communities.
- Once you choose a broader topic, drill down to more specific areas. For instance, if you decide to focus on social media marketing, get into more specific areas like Facebook Ads budgeting best practices, Instagram growth hacking tips & tricks, or Twitter ads optimization techniques.
Developing a Content Strategy Plan
- After choosing your niche and sub-niche, it’s time to plan your content strategy. Define how often you plan to publish new content and the types of content you will be posting like blog posts, tutorials or infographics.
- Create an editorial calendar outlining when each piece of content will be published and track any special campaigns associated with them. Coordinating promotional activities in this way helps maximize reach and impact of your content.
Website Design & Development
- Next step is website design and development. Depending on the size and complexity of your project, there are many platforms like WordPress or Wix that offer pre-built templates for quick website creation.
- If you require advanced features such as custom coding or plugins, those can also be integrated into these platforms for further customization later as needed.
- Setting up Google Analytics at this stage can help track key performance metrics like pageviews, visits, traffic sources etc., from one central location over time.
- Now it’s time to start optimizing the website for search engines such as Google or Bing using common SEO tactics like keyword research & placement; backlinking; meta tags; XML sitemaps; robots txt files etc.
- This will not only increase visibility but also traffic levels – crucial ingredients when trying to build an authoritative presence within a given niche!
Monetisation Plan Creation & Execution
- The final step before launching your site is devising a monetisation plan. First identify what types of products/services could be offered to visitors when they arrive – digital goods like e-books or physical items like merchandise – then develop a business model around those ideas including pricing points promotions discounted offers etc.. The goal is to generate maximum return on investment in terms of net profit and revenue.
Your monetisation strategy should not overwhelm users with excessive sales pitches or too many ‘buy now’ call-to-action buttons throughout the site. Keep a balance between informing, educating and providing value while generating revenue at the same time.
You should also consider affiliate programs and advertising networks available for promoting links from relevant companies in relevant industries. And don’t forget about selling your own digital products/services…these can often yield higher profits!
How To Monetise A Online Communities Site
Google AdSenseEver heard about Google AdSense? This could be your ticket to making money from your online community. You know, it’s like hanging a big digital billboard on your website. Only cooler. And less noisy! It’s an advertising program where you earn money by displaying ads that align with your community’s interests. You get paid every time someone clicks on these ads while browsing through your site. Setting up Google AdSense is simple as pie. You just sign up, copy some code, and paste it onto your site. Before you know it, relevant ads will start appearing and the cha-ching begins! Now, let’s be clear here – don’t expect to become a millionaire overnight. But if your community is active enough with good traffic numbers, you can earn a nice chunk of change.
Affiliate MarketingWanna make money when people in your online community buy things they already want? Let me introduce you to Affiliate Marketing! Join an affiliate marketing program like Amazon Associates or ClickBank and promote products that are valuable to the members of your online community – be it books, software or appliances. Every time someone in your community buys something using the link you shared, guess what? You earn a commission! That’s right – real cash in return for sharing stuff people want anyway.
Sponsored Content / PostsYou can also make moolah by creating sponsored content or posts for companies whose products or services align with the interest of the online communities you’ve built. Companies love exposure and they’re willing to pay for visibility especially if it’s within their target audience- which happens to be YOUR community! Just remember – balance is key. Don’t overwhelm users with sponsorships at the expense of their experience.
Create Informational ProductsImagine being able to help out your online communities while earning some cash too? Creating and selling informational products like eBooks or courses is how this can happen! Identify a problem that many members of your community have and create an eBook or an online course that offers solutions to them. These informational products are not only beneficial for the members but also provide a steady income stream for you!
Donations / CrowdfundingLast but not least is donations/crowdfunding option. Remember those times when we used tip jars? Well consider this method as its digital cousin! If people find value in what they’re getting from being part of this community, chances are they wouldn’t mind donating some cash once in awhile. Platforms like Patreon allow users who find value in what you’re offering (could be anything from expert advice on DIY projects or exclusive video tutorials) support you by paying either per piece of content released or monthly. This way not only do they get more tailored content but also give back for all those times they’ve felt grateful for being part of this close knit web family! So there we have them – five strategies show how monetizing an online community isn’t all that difficult if done right!
Domain And Branding Ideas
Competitive AnalysisBefore launching your site, it’s crucial that you thoroughly research your competitors in the Online Communities niche. A great way to accomplish this is by conducting a backlink analysis of your competitors. Tools like LowFruits.io and SEMRush are fantastic for this purpose.
Not only can these tools help you with backlink analysis, they can also assist you in discovering actual competitors in your niche. An additional tool that I highly recommend is the Niche Site Metrics.
This particular tool brings immense value as it helps you pinpoint weak sites within your niche, understand their traffic, determine who they’re monetised with, and understand how they monetise their sites. So, ensure that you leverage these tools to effectively study the competition and pave the way for success!
Deeper Research: Use This Tool To Find Competitors In The Online Communities Niche